Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stage and gas arrangements under the management of Mr. C. Lightfoot, late of the Alexandra Palace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ball Rolling

Go down 
+2
Smoke
-3-
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

Ball Rolling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Rolling   Ball Rolling - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:37 am

oh so very psychedelic!!

I love this surrealistic look and the vivid colours.
Back to top Go down
-3-
Will introduce the most Astounding Optical Illusions atop his Grand Phantoscope.
-3-

PostSubject: Re: Ball Rolling   Ball Rolling - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Thanks to both of you. It was definitely something a little different for me - an outgrowth of the work i've been doing on experiMental Theatre. It would seem that the experiment is beginning to have results, eh?
Smile

Veronika - i was calling it a psychedlic surrealist landscape, so your comment was a rather rewarding sign that i'd hit my mark.

Smoke - until i've seen some more clear examples of what's being discussed, i'm going to pretend to have no idea what you're talking about.
;รพ
Back to top Go down
http://emt.thecomicseries.com/
Arden
Who will appear in a Glass Tank every evening, ably assisted by Miss Le Grande.
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Ball Rolling   Ball Rolling - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:14 pm

That is most definitely where it's at! Not just the rehashed stylistic trappings of psychedelic art - you're actually achieving cosmic oneness!

Back to top Go down
-3-
Will introduce the most Astounding Optical Illusions atop his Grand Phantoscope.
-3-

PostSubject: Re: Ball Rolling   Ball Rolling - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Well, that was fun. I don't usually try to watch vids with my bad hearing, but i figured sound was going to be fairly secondary to your point here.

And, thanks. As you said, i'm not recreating here, though i've certainly got influences from time (both real and unreal) crawling in the back of my head. This was a direct result of working with the web comic the way i am, letting my subconscious gain a bigger voice in the work and letting things just emerge. Also, i've been aching to do some vivid colour pieces just playing like this, especially since doing TIM034 a little while back. That's the comic that goes live tomorrow morning, so i'll go ahead and preview it here to show you what i mean:

Ball Rolling - Page 2 Tim034

I think this one may have to be redone at a larger size in colour later on.
(The dragon, btw, is T'ien Lung)
Back to top Go down
http://emt.thecomicseries.com/
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Ball Rolling   Ball Rolling - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:42 am

Love the Brain reference.

As about to what's being discussed? Sure thing.
It's an old software I'm playing around with, called the Palace.
Here's the Flash Address:

Zatso<clicky

I thought I stuck the address where people could get it, but evidently, I was slovenly.

It's a 2d program that's become abandonware, because the inventor made it possible for people to do what they wanted with it.
As you can see, this is only one room so far, and you'll see my experiments on cloud drift.
The Main Entry is to be a Funhouse. I had actually thought of it due to some collaborations with artists in the past using this medium. I thought it would be a good comic book chatroom being that the avatars are ones you make yourself, standing against a background, and you speak in word balloons.
I definitively want more comics linked in then just mine. There's a way to host a comic, have it open in a separate window, and navigate it. Some artists' works, like Vonny's, might be great as stand alone rooms with arrows at the bottom to navigate to the next panel.

Any ideas would be welcome, believe me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ball Rolling   Ball Rolling - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ball Rolling
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion! :: Professor Taylor's NECROMANTIC ENTERTAINMENT and Seance Magique. :: The Footlights-
Jump to: