Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stage and gas arrangements under the management of Mr. C. Lightfoot, late of the Alexandra Palace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Still here, still slogging

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

Still here, still slogging Empty
PostSubject: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm still here, just taken up with research. Still working on rooms, and adding bit by bit, panel by panel, to the mess that is my comics.

Back to top Go down
Arden
Who will appear in a Glass Tank every evening, ably assisted by Miss Le Grande.
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:29 am

I'm floating around but not really on the case right now I'm afraid. There's a few issues I need to attend to - priorities have changed since losing my job and I felt the need to amend my comic accordingly. Should be done in a day or two.
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Wait, you lost your job??!

What happened, and what's going down then?
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your job, Arden.

Ever think of sending your portfolio to comic companies on the lottery chance?
With that new, quicker style, I think it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Arden
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:50 am

Vonny, yes, massive government cutbacks have started to really bite now and I worked in a government office. They offered me an alternative but knowing I wouldn't be able to take it - I suppose that's just so they don't have to give redundancy payouts.

That's not a bad suggestion Smoke - Emily will be going into a kind of midway style, but that pure inked style may be worth hawking around: these guys want to see evidence you can draw at the required speed so painty stuff doesn't necessarily come across well. From now on I'll have to try everything and anything!
Back to top Go down
-3-
Will introduce the most Astounding Optical Illusions atop his Grand Phantoscope.
-3-

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Yeah, i'm still here, too - despite my best efforts.
As some may know from CF, at the end of last month i was knocked down by major clots in both lungs, fairly shutting down my ability to process oxygen. This past weekend, i somehow came to the clever conclusion that a good thing to do in this state is to develop pneumonia.

So this is being typed from my hospital bed, but i'll be getting out tomorrow. Along with other economic hits, i simply haven't had much time for online beyond trying to keep the webcomic going.

But i am still around, and i'll try to post something new after i get out.
Back to top Go down
http://emt.thecomicseries.com/
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Welcome back -3-. Hope you are recovering fairly fast, and don't feel too obliged to keep up with your comic updates. Heck I'm not even sick and it's somewhat of a chore for me now. So I'm just updating when I get round to it.

Cut yourself some slack, we will still stick with you.
Big hug.
Vonny
Back to top Go down
Arden
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:21 am

Welcome back to the land of the almost living -3-!
Puts my minor problems into perspective really - hope you'll be in the clear now.
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Sorry to post so late.
3, I read about you plight on CF, and honestly was wishing for you tons of relaxation in the sun.
Blood clotting in the lungs is (are?) so dangerous, I'm hoping for you to take it super easy.
My mother was on blood thinners for that condition for a while, the restrictions were extreme but necasary.
One of us would drive over, and dice a weeks worth of onions for her cooking, because slicing onions was on the don't list.
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:41 pm

To be quite frank, this experiment is deader than a doornail. It's going nowhere. My work on it is being cut into by real life jobs, which isn't a bad thing in this economy, but that also means there are only two and a half backgrounds to the whole damned thing.
I'm seriously debating on not renewing the lease. I like working in the palace media, but perhaps at a future time, I'll just do many backgrounds and post it all at once.
This evolution of art unfolding before the audience is not working.
Back to top Go down
Arden
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:23 am

Have to admit, my focus is all on finding ways to make a living now - I'll probably stop updating on ComicFury after the next one. It probably would've worked out if we had more people - fingerwitch not showing up was the killer blow!
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 pm

Real life was the killer blow.
Arden, work will show up as soon as you say to yourself, "Now that I have time, I'm going to do that project I've always wanted to do." I promise you.

I have all the gemgaws on my hard drive to start another palace up again, and I like ipalaces, but right now, it's a weight in the back of our minds that none of us need right now. Let's free ourselves of this albatross of a project, and focus on what's important. We can always get back to it later, better armed with more material.

Back to top Go down
-3-
Will introduce the most Astounding Optical Illusions atop his Grand Phantoscope.
-3-

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.

Vonny - actually, making sure the comic updates is one of the best things for me right now, i think. My brain seems to be a shadow of its former glory, and focusing to get strips done and posted is some of the best therapy for it that i've found to date.

Arden - Pneumonia is well cleared and the clots seem to be diminishing. But other problems keep cropping up - sort of like cascade failure in an electrical system. But hopefully we've dealt with the nastiest of them. June and July should give good answers on the lungs & heart, respectively.

Smoke - yeah, those blood thinners are definitely "fun". Lots of dizziness and, like you said, i can't play with knives the way i usually like to. Especially when i was taking antibiotics to wipe out the pneumonia. They mixed with the thinners and made the blood superthin - running over 6.0 when it should be between 2-3. But we're getting that balanced better now. (Off to the anti-coagulation clinic in the next hour to see how it's going)
And sorry that i haven't been able to seriously consider working on backgrounds. I do like the notion and the little community that's been building here.
Back to top Go down
http://emt.thecomicseries.com/
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I think my getting a collection of backgrounds together first would be the way to go, from there, rent another space, using the actual word "zatso" and giving it another try with another palace.
I'd rather have your concentration on what's important right now- your comics and your health, and for Arden, getting back on his work feet.
I like this community, the thing that's working right now is the forums, so perhaps we can experiment in here, to see possible creative routes.

Sounds like they pulled the same anti-biotic/blood thiner ploy on you as they did to my ma. No knives forher either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still here, still slogging   Still here, still slogging I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Still here, still slogging
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion! :: Professor Taylor's NECROMANTIC ENTERTAINMENT and Seance Magique. :: The Footlights-
Jump to: