Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stage and gas arrangements under the management of Mr. C. Lightfoot, late of the Alexandra Palace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste Empty
PostSubject: Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste   Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 pm

If I get time this year, this is something I wish to dabble in a little more --- matte painting. I have a few friends that currently do this.

One of my favourite matte painters is Raphael Lacoste.

Matte painters are those artists who are used for painting up backgrounds (or mattes) for film production.
Surprisingly you can find him on deviant art here.[url=raphael-lacoste.deviantart.com/][/url]

This one is called Dawn on the Ancient Hall.

Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste 9d91973d6d
Back to top Go down
Arden
Who will appear in a Glass Tank every evening, ably assisted by Miss Le Grande.
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste   Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Impressive stuff! At first I thought this was all about painting on giant sized canvases, but since looking into it a bit more >here< I have a better idea. I amazed by the way people use digital techniques to piece things together - my style is in the dark ages!
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste   Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:53 am

My favourite one of those (from the tutorial) is Making my Lost world. Thanks for the link.
ONe of the guys I know who does matte painting, sources various images (e.g. stock photos), puts them together as a unit and then plays around with that in Photoshop giving it that fantasy or surrealistic look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste   Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matte painting: Raphael Lacoste
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion! :: Professor Taylor's NECROMANTIC ENTERTAINMENT and Seance Magique. :: The Orchestra Pit.-
Jump to: