Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stage and gas arrangements under the management of Mr. C. Lightfoot, late of the Alexandra Palace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace Empty
PostSubject: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:37 am

Now that I've gotten to the point where I can actually present a comic book in The Palace software, I'm going to solicit backgrounds to the chatroom.
The backgrounds can be any size (I'm keeping mine at 800x600 pixels, but that's just me.)
Arden and I have been chugging at funhouse and a carnival midway backgrounds, but that doesn't mean that it's trapped into one theme.
Any place that you'd sit and have a chat would be helpful.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Ok I feel foolish again, but I'm the one that asks the dumb questions, so:
Are you looking for a background to blend in with your theme?
Is it a background for all the chatroom or just parts of it? (if that makes sense).

I know you mention about a place where people would be sitting, so I did think of some Arabian boudoir scene but thought, no people probably would not be sitting ..... etc.

Maybe we could brainstorm some ideas of what everyone would like? Or what Smokes would like, seems it's his baby?
Back to top Go down
Arden
Who will appear in a Glass Tank every evening, ably assisted by Miss Le Grande.
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:32 pm

If you have something in mind I'd say go for it, or, if you don't have time, post some refs of the kind of thing you envisage and somebody else can go for it! It's all about the spirit of collaborationism after all. Smoke paid for the baby but I don't think he meant to bring it up all by himself!
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Well, a background would be just an place, like the backgrounds in cartoons. It could be a river, a bungalow living room, a moonscape, etc.
Where would you like to be?

What I mean by sitting, is that where you would park your avatar. We do need avatars also. Today, due to monotony and laziness, many of the palaces simply use celebrities, many palaces demand that a person use a human avatar or hit the road.
I'd rather not have that.
When palace first started, you could be anything, a flying horse, the moon, a chair, a tomato.
Avatars are just what the speaker wears. A full bodies Betty Pagesque avatar could be positioned to look like she's sitting on a park bench in the background.
Basically, you are your own cartoon.

I'm with Arden, refs are fine! If you have a fantasy locale, then post it, and we can interpret it.
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Veronika

PostSubject: Sample background scenes   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Here are some refs (from Qdos Entertainment)

SCENES << Please click on that to the left. It will take you there.

Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace Bb78f01159

Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace Ba985dddf9

Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace 9d9cf0debe

These are just ideas, and obviously it's coming from a feminine perspective, so I'm sure you guys may look upon them and perhaps gag, but hey they're only ideas.

The darker ones I'm trying to look at some mysterious ambience.
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:18 am

Perhaps that perspective is needed so that it doesn't become a glut of the same theme.

As for an Arabian Boudoir, it's not unheard of. We can fix a lock on the door if people need to be alone.
The second to last pic resembles some of the motif I'm using for the caravan.
A lot of these color schemes will draw people in. People aren't used to artistic backgrounds anymore, they all use postcards nowadays. This might propel some of the excitement of the Palace before it got gummed up by corporations, then abandoned.
Back to top Go down
Arden
Who will appear in a Glass Tank every evening, ably assisted by Miss Le Grande.
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:33 am

Picking up something that's been largely abandoned and doing something new with it has a definite appeal. I still haven't had chance to really get to grips with it yet but hopefuully will have a little time over the weekend - must have another look at getting our forum links to highlight too; that's really annoying!
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Arden, your comic is up on the midway, in pop-up form.
I'll be doing "Out for a Smoke" as a direct link to Fwitch's ComicFury link. It's easier for her, this way.

When it comes time to add a page, it's a matter of going into the file, and adding the page, going into the jss file, and changing the number of pages in the book. If you have trouble with that, just tell me and we'll whip it in.
How would other people like their comics displayed? As books? as Links? as rooms?
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 am

Smoke wrote:
Arden, your comic is up on the midway, in pop-up form.
I'll be doing "Out for a Smoke" as a direct link to Fwitch's ComicFury link. It's easier for her, this way.

When it comes time to add a page, it's a matter of going into the file, and adding the page, going into the jss file, and changing the number of pages in the book. If you have trouble with that, just tell me and we'll whip it in.
How would other people like their comics displayed? As books? as Links? as rooms?
I'm probably in for a room, or maybe a book, but not a link.
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Can I be next to FW and Arden?? ANd when people click on there they just link straight to my web comic.
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:13 pm

I'd sent an email about having your things as gallery rooms, but if you want to have a banner that punches stright through to the webcomic link, that's fine. On the cue with Fw and Arden would be great.
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Also like the idea of the 1950s look with some old chairs, checkered floor and stubbed out cigarettes -- I think whatever you choose it will be just fine and dandy from my perspective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace   Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soliciting backgrounds for the Palace
Page 1 of 1