Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stage and gas arrangements under the management of Mr. C. Lightfoot, late of the Alexandra Palace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A movie that represents your locale.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

A movie that represents your locale. Empty
PostSubject: A movie that represents your locale.   A movie that represents your locale. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:42 pm

I'd like to know more about people's backgrounds, I mean their real backgrounds, not a fantastical witty state of mind.
I'd like for people to tell me what movie best describes their real life world. People usually give the name of the town, but for me, that gives no insight to what the town is really like.

Me, I'm from a small town in Ohio. The movie thst best describes life in Ohio, for me, is "Night of the Hunter."
The movie was written by a man who lived in the Ohio/Virginia area. The book that the movie is based on has a very real visual sense of living in Ohio.

What movie best describes your real surroundings?
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: A movie that represents your locale.   A movie that represents your locale. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:03 pm

I got this off WikiLeaks:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_of_the_Hunter_(film)

Haven't seen this film, but it's a thriller ...

Is it just the surroundings that remind you of your home town, or is it the sinister going's on??

Back to top Go down
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: A movie that represents your locale.   A movie that represents your locale. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:43 pm

Both. It's based on a true story.
Back to top Go down
-3-
Will introduce the most Astounding Optical Illusions atop his Grand Phantoscope.
-3-

PostSubject: Re: A movie that represents your locale.   A movie that represents your locale. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Would ya believe, Goatsucker.

Not because of any chupacabra connection, but because of this statue in the main park downtown. It's a metal stature of a goat the vacuum sucks trash out of your hand and blows it out its butt into the trashcan behind the wall.

A movie that represents your locale. Goat2
Back to top Go down
http://emt.thecomicseries.com/
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: A movie that represents your locale.   A movie that represents your locale. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:13 am

I acually pondered that sculpture. At an amusement park by my town, they used to have giant clown heads that sucked trash out of your hands, but I have to appreciate the goat.
I'd like to think the artist either has a farm, or grew up in a farming environment.
I love art best when people just do it, like families that play music on their porch in Caney Branch Holler.
Back to top Go down
RoboTwin

RoboTwin

PostSubject: Re: A movie that represents your locale.   A movie that represents your locale. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:04 pm

The parade scene was filmed downtown here:
A movie that represents your locale. 000681_40
Back to top Go down
http://www.robotwin.com
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: A movie that represents your locale.   A movie that represents your locale. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:47 am

Both of those guys look happy as hell to be there.
Back to top Go down
-3-
Will introduce the most Astounding Optical Illusions atop his Grand Phantoscope.
-3-

PostSubject: Re: A movie that represents your locale.   A movie that represents your locale. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:00 am

Watch the movie to truly appreciate that thought.
Wink
Back to top Go down
http://emt.thecomicseries.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A movie that represents your locale.   A movie that represents your locale. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A movie that represents your locale.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion! :: TO-NIGHT and every evening until further notice, the beautiful Indian princess ZENOBIA in her AERIAL FANTASTIQUE FLIGHTS. :: The Box Office-
Jump to: