Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stage and gas arrangements under the management of Mr. C. Lightfoot, late of the Alexandra Palace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Year 2011 - Year of Destruction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

Year 2011 - Year of Destruction Empty
PostSubject: Year 2011 - Year of Destruction   Year 2011 - Year of Destruction I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Call me a fad odd, but I'm doing my next comic on the Year 2011 - Year of Destruction!

So there I am compiling images for two collages which I will use as the basis for the visual narrative. Anyway I throw out the earthquake images, decide against them; and the very next day NZ has this massive earthquake in Christchurch (and I have a cousin who lives there!).

Back to the story; so now I've just compiled stormy seas, sea monster, a few young bodies (that may be dead, may not be); and then the Egyptian one with pyramids, mobs, tanks, camels.

I have a little fascination with numerics; and the number 11 stands for disintegration and destruction. For the record 9 stands for finality. So there you go 9/11 (final destruction) -- well let's hope the final on US soil.

So I'm thinking about how nature is becoming really chaotic and the governments (in the Middle East) are all disintegrating.

Heck it's only February and look at the state of the world!
Anyway less of my prattling, I'll probably have the comic up next weekend.
Back to top Go down
Arden
Who will appear in a Glass Tank every evening, ably assisted by Miss Le Grande.
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Year 2011 - Year of Destruction   Year 2011 - Year of Destruction I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:08 pm

I look forward to it. This current wave of revolts is amazing - it's as though people have suddenly lost their fear of being mown down by anti aircraft guns and realised how tenuous a grip those in power really have.

David Cameron - you're next mate!
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Veronika

PostSubject: More destruction   Year 2011 - Year of Destruction I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Rahab and Leviathan are still battling it out in those waters! (it's alright I'm not being literal).

January 2011 we have lives lost through the massive cyclones hitting Australia
February 2011 we have lives lost through the earthquake in New Zealand
March 2011 we have lives lost through the earthquake and tsunami in Japan
April 2011 we have ......

Okay I wasn't really expecting any more carnage; but some people are now saying it's the effect of Jupiter and Saturn being aligned with the sun and it's to do with their gravitational pull on the sun, sending out huge solar flares which in turn affects our moon, which in turn is causing the gravitational pull to be stronger causing huge king tides (and earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanoes etc).

Then some scientists are saying it's to do with the electromagnetic pulls and not gravitation, and the earth has a molten core which starts to move more frequently and needs to vent.

So what's happening to our world?

(excuse my apocalyptic slant of late but I've been watching so much of this on TV).
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Year 2011 - Year of Destruction   Year 2011 - Year of Destruction I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:34 am

Well, it looks apocalyptic right now, so I can see where you are getting your slant, though I don't think it is.
Sometimes Atlas just shrugs.
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Veronika

PostSubject: Mayan calendar   Year 2011 - Year of Destruction I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:26 am

Well some people think 2012 is the end of the world. Personally I don't hold that view point (but I have other view points, as you can probably imagine).

Nonetheless, 21 Dec 2011 is meant to be the last day of the calendar; still others are saying 24 Dec 2012 (hmm a day before Christmas) --- according to the Mayan calendar.

I've been watching a documentary series called Ancient Aliens; so hopefully my next comics won't be too unduly influenced by them.

My latest comic The Allegory of the Boy Artist, started well but then finished with that foreboding warning. Oh well, I'll get over it.

So I've been making vanitas collages for my next comic and here is some inspiration

Year 2011 - Year of Destruction 590px-10

The vanitas collages I've made (2 of them) don't look a bit like that, but you get the drift of the skull and how quick life is on earth.

Back to top Go down
Arden
Who will appear in a Glass Tank every evening, ably assisted by Miss Le Grande.
Arden

PostSubject: Re: Year 2011 - Year of Destruction   Year 2011 - Year of Destruction I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:40 am

Nice - who painted that?

When I was a kid I heard the world was going to end in 1981 and I was pretty convinced of it, so anything beyond that is a bonus to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Year 2011 - Year of Destruction   Year 2011 - Year of Destruction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Year 2011 - Year of Destruction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion! :: Professor Taylor's NECROMANTIC ENTERTAINMENT and Seance Magique. :: The Footlights-
Jump to: