Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stage and gas arrangements under the management of Mr. C. Lightfoot, late of the Alexandra Palace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will's and Kate's Wedding

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

Will's and Kate's Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Will's and Kate's Wedding   Will's and Kate's Wedding I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:18 pm

So what did you all think?

I love the pomp, pageantry and ceremony of royal weddings.

I think Kate looked beautiful. Her dress was elegant and simple, ... but maybe too humble looking.
She was marrying what could be the future king of England!

There was no real theatrical/dramatic overtones in her dress or bouquet. Her bouquet was small, her veil (and the train just wasn't long enough). I think if you're going to marry the future King of England, you can be over the top, make a statement. I think she would have chosen that dress (apart from the designer) and style even if she had married the boy from next door.

Still maybe simplicity and humbleness is her style, and there's nothing wrong with that.

(this thread has a lot of me 'thinking' in it).
Back to top Go down
Arden
Who will appear in a Glass Tank every evening, ably assisted by Miss Le Grande.
Arden

Will's and Kate's Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will's and Kate's Wedding   Will's and Kate's Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:40 am

That's the whole point of it - not just her dress and style but look at William and his father and Grandfathers outfits. If this had been any other royal family they would've been covered in self awarded medals, which looks ridiculous to us Brits!

It's partly about the British reserve - letting the locations and the tradition provide the spectacle and not attempting to compete with those and partly about correctly identifying the mood of the country, which was done to perfection. The whole Diana Charles thing was an outlandish blip really and lead to years of declining fortunes for the royals. They seem to be back on track now
Back to top Go down

Will's and Kate's Wedding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion! :: TO-NIGHT and every evening until further notice, the beautiful Indian princess ZENOBIA in her AERIAL FANTASTIQUE FLIGHTS. :: The Green Room-
Jump to: