Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stage and gas arrangements under the management of Mr. C. Lightfoot, late of the Alexandra Palace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Noble Art Of Portraiture.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arden
Who will appear in a Glass Tank every evening, ably assisted by Miss Le Grande.
Arden

The Noble Art Of Portraiture. Empty
PostSubject: The Noble Art Of Portraiture.   The Noble Art Of Portraiture. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Did this portrait of a bloke I know using PaintTool Sai. I was surprised by the pencil-like qualities: it was based on his photo. Have you any lovely portraits what you have done yourself, in any medium?

The Noble Art Of Portraiture. 6jknzn
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: The Noble Art Of Portraiture.   The Noble Art Of Portraiture. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:22 am

No, not at hand, but to be honest,
I was really dragging my heels about about switching from organic inking to digital, even though it would save wear and tear on my wrist that's held together with metal parts.
I was still doing pencils by hand, and to be honest, it was the erasing that was kicking my butt, well, my drawing hand, until a friend had suggested that it was like switching from acoustic guitar to electric.
Just go with it. You wanna draw with your rules and regulations that you set upon yourself, or do you just wanna draw?
I don't know why I was being so cagey about it, I mean, after all, when the pencil gets scanned into the computer, it turns into pixels and vectors anyway.
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: The Noble Art Of Portraiture.   The Noble Art Of Portraiture. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:39 pm

The Noble Art Of Portraiture. Man_s_10

The Noble Art Of Portraiture. Face11

These are some of my attempts at drawing (pencil).

Feel free to critique.

Last edited by Veronika on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add on)
Back to top Go down
Arden
Arden

PostSubject: Re: The Noble Art Of Portraiture.   The Noble Art Of Portraiture. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:12 am

Very nice indeed! The first one looks well observed - if anything I'd say the front of the neck needs to move slightly further back along the jaw, but I'm thinking the scanner has squashed the dimensions slightly? If anyone can tell me why they do that I'd be grateful - I'm constantly having to stretch images out once I've scanned them.

I love the confident lines of the second one, especially around the eyes. I'd say the two lines above the nostrils don't quite hit the mark. Because of the style of drawing, they suggest the nose has lines there almost as well defined as those around the eyes. I'd be tempted to lose them altogether or try something softer.

This is an 'imagined' portrait of someone I only know by forum. Obviously it's not meant to be taken too literally! Funny thing is, this turned out looking almost exactly like my dad as a younger man. Why he didn't see fit to pass on some of those good looks to me I'll never know.

The Noble Art Of Portraiture. Aod10

Last edited by Arden on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelled)
Back to top Go down
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: The Noble Art Of Portraiture.   The Noble Art Of Portraiture. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:35 am

When did J. Jonah Jameson taker over as editor of Playboy?
Back to top Go down
Arden
Arden

PostSubject: Re: The Noble Art Of Portraiture.   The Noble Art Of Portraiture. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:37 am

Very, very late one Friday night when there was nothing on the telly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Noble Art Of Portraiture.   The Noble Art Of Portraiture. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Noble Art Of Portraiture.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion! :: Professor Taylor's NECROMANTIC ENTERTAINMENT and Seance Magique. :: The Footlights-
Jump to: