Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The stage and gas arrangements under the management of Mr. C. Lightfoot, late of the Alexandra Palace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report Empty
PostSubject: The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report   The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:25 pm

I have been working on projects on the ipad (which explains my crappy typing-), and am damned surprised to find you Can do viable art on it.
The three killer art apps for me are, Artrage, because I already have it on my desktop, I'm fond of the faux
Oil painting technique, and I can work on existing projects on the go, by just loading the painting through iTunes.
The other app is Sketchbook Pro, which is a great app for what it is, a sketchbook. It's has a straight line function, which means I can import my Artrage work and true the lines of the buildings I am painting.

The one app all artists must have, if they have a mac, is Brushes! Not only is it a great prismacolor marker app, but The Brushes Viewer on your mac desktop imports your artwork to higher resolution, which means all this doodling on my ipad is printable and usable!

If I were King, this would be The Peoples necessity.
Back to top Go down
Veronika
Weaves her Tantalizing Tapestry of Terpsichorian Treats on the Lofty Wire.
Veronika

PostSubject: Re: The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report   The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:01 pm

you know Smoke I have a hard time using a tablet which to me is the equivalent of a drawing board. I really love working traditionally, although I do manipulate occasionally with Photoshop and InDesign, but for painting I can't help it that I want my hands dirty XD.

ONe day I am going to try and be more digital. I must try Brushes.
What does appeal is matte painting. Has anyone tried that? It's done digitally.
Back to top Go down
-3-
Will introduce the most Astounding Optical Illusions atop his Grand Phantoscope.
-3-

PostSubject: Re: The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report   The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:52 pm

"If I were King, this would be The Peoples necessity."

Um - NO.

Get back to me when you can actually OWN it, not just pay for it and use it how the real owner decides to allow you. Or not.
I was up to win one in a contest here, and made sure i had a buyer lined up so i didn't get stuck with the vile thing. (fortunately, i drew a different prize)
Back to top Go down
http://emt.thecomicseries.com/
Smoke
Performs "Someone Left My Toothbrush On The Moon" and other serio-comic fancies.
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report   The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm fine with it. Until Skinny Steve Jobs personally tries to swipe it from my hands, I'll be okay.

I, do, however, see your point and appreciate it- in looking at your comic, I'd read some of your blog, and you make sound arguments.
I'll roll my own smokes, can my own veggies and bake my own bread, but for now, I like sitting in the sun with the ability to digitally paint on something the size of a notebook. I'm not ready to go off the grid just yet.
Back to top Go down
-3-
Will introduce the most Astounding Optical Illusions atop his Grand Phantoscope.
-3-

PostSubject: Re: The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report   The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Yeah, i do have to have the graphics tablet connected to the notebook to work out in the park. But i use a small tablet.
And if i had the cash, i'd buy one of those notebooks with the twistable monitor screens that close back down as a touch pad to draw directly on the screen.

And good call on rolling your own. Not nearly so bad for you without all the added arsenic, cyanide, etc.,. that's in the manufactured smokes.
Back to top Go down
http://emt.thecomicseries.com/
Smoke
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report   The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:06 pm

I think the touchscreen is really what's selling it for me. I have a screwed together plated wrist, and in Ohio Winter, all the knitting in the world doesn't get it back to what it used to be. With the Software dictating the pressure I draw, I can work for quite a few hours without a break.
(Overheard a punk neighbor kid arguing with another about how could not possible for me to be as old as they say, because I roll my own. Everyone knows that no one over forty ever rolls their own smokes.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report   The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Obligatory and Pretentious Ipad Report
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magnificent Ballroom Re-decorated For The Occasion! :: Professor Taylor's NECROMANTIC ENTERTAINMENT and Seance Magique. :: The Stalls-
Jump to: